Corinth CME Deeds


The Corinth CME Church was established in the 1880’s. It was disbanded and the church building and lot were sold to Sheila Howard in 2015.

Below are names of the people active at the church’s founding.


DB 50:303
on November 14, 1883
for $140
from George and Phillis Gaitskill of color
to Trustees Colored M. E. Church of Corinth,
William Wilson, Manson Vivion, Harry Haggard
conveys 1 acre for the benefit of the Colored M. E. church of Corinth


DB 53:560
on January 13, 1887
for $45
from Trustees for Corinth CME Church,
Manson Vivion, Harry Haggard, John Thomas
to William Willson and John W. Willson of color

conveys a lot 184 feet by 96 feet bounded on the east by Betty Baty, on the south by the county road, on the west by the Church, on the north by the C&O Railroad


DB 56:252
on June 25, 1888
for $35
from Trustees of Corinth Church colored,
William Wilson, Manson Vivion, Harry Haggard [John Thomas also signed the deed]
to Clay Ecton assignee of Elizabeth Baty

conveys a tract of 1 rood, 12½ poles on Georges Fork of Big Stoner Creek bounded by the dirt road, church and railroad
DB 174:613
on June 9, 1965
for $1 and valuable considerations
from Trustees of Corinth CME Church,
Carl Davis, Dixie Fox, Orville Davis [Rev. E. P. Piersawl, Preacher in Charge, and Rev. M. Hunt, P.E., Presiding Officer, Quarterly Conference of CME Churches, also signed the deed]
to David Stone

conveys a small tract of land [gives the metes and bounds]